Replacing my old soda Sapphire: which clearaudio

Dear All,

I have to replace my sota sapphire. I am going to get either the CA concept of performance. Obviously, I want a turntable that is equal to or better than my sapphire. Any insight would be much appreciated.
elegal
Can you please say more about isolation and room vibrations. I am not too familiar with those concepts. Is there a device I can buy for isolation?
your Sota is built with a spring isolation suspension system built in. One of the best. So it is not susceptable to external vibrations as would a ridgid mount turntable. If your floor is anything but a concrete slab, you might have issues with vibrations from your foot steps causing vibration in your turntable, and therefore distortion in your cartridge. also, if you play loud, bass note vibration can cause feedback. Your cartridge is basically a microphone, picking up vibration whether it is on the record or in the air. The Sota is designed to minimize those effects. A ridgid table has to sit on something that absorbs those vibrations from the floor before they get to the table.
Except that Manitunc does not mention the negative aspects of the spring suspension on the SOTA. This is one of the age-old controversies among vinylphiles. There are inherent advantages and disadvantages to both unsprung and sprung designs. This is not to say that I would choose Clearaudio over SOTA.