Reimyo DAP 777 Mk 1 or Mk 2 deep bass ability

Can anyone provide details of their actual listoning experience/impressions on how well the Reimyo DAP 777 Mk 1 and/or Mk 2 performed in the low/deep bass region. Can this DA perform as well (or better) than the top-end Theta's, Wadia's, Krell's, EMC, etc. Also, how well does the Zanden DA perform in the low/deep bass regions/registers. Obviously I consider Deep, accurate, bass important when listoning to rock/pop/orchestra. I found Wadia/Theta to be quite good, the BAT VKD5 to be good but not great. Currently using Martin Logan monolith speakers and in the process of adding a Talon ROC (1000 watt version) sub-woofer. Feedback/impressions on deep bass performance for Reimyo / Zanden , even meitner, Meridian, Spectral would be greatly appreciated. Also, what is the difference in sound between the Reimyo DAP 777 Mk1 and Mk2?
kenlit

Showing 3 responses by teajay

Kenlit, I recently posted an overall perspective on reference DACS that contains some of the information that you are seeking in your thread. The bottom end of the Reimyo is quite good but I think is bettered by both the new Accustic Arts DAC-1 and the Ensemble HI-DAC. The Ensemble has an overall different sound than the Accustic Arts and Reimyo, I discuss this with good detail in my post, but its bottom end/PRAT is possibly as good as it gets, if you like its overall sonic "flavor". Hope this helps.
Twopippis, I find your comment that the "Reimyo was much better in the highs/midrange then the Accustic Arts" very interesting. I found them to be very similar with the Accustic Arts DAC slightly more extended and "airy" on the top then the Reimyo. I would appreciate if you would share more specificly what you heard that lead to your opinion regarding the two DACS. I'll thank you in advance.
Ken, thanks for your appreciation for my efforts regarding different reference DACS. To answer your questions: 1)I have never had the chance to seriously audtion any Wadia gear, I have heard different Wadia pieces in store/friends systems, but never was impressed enough to want to do a home audtion, however the brand has many fans and they seem to be very loyal towards what it has to sonicly offer. Much has been said about what after market mods can do on Wadia gear. If you trust your dealer's statement about the 90% of the performance for a lot less $ and he considers the Wadia27ixDA the "BEST", we both know you will have to use your own ear's in your system to really know what's the best for you. 2) My audtioning of the Accustic Arts DAC was done with my Ensemble transport and not with an Accustic Arts. They are both great transports and match up great with many different DACS. However, the Accustic Arts might be better value because even though both transports are wonderfully built and sonicly are very close the Ensemble retails for almost $3000.00 more then the Accustic Arts. 3) PRAT stands for pace,rhythm, and timing when discussing the sound of different gear or the overall sound of a system. Hope this helps.