Refurbished vs New

Hi I want to buy an Arcam UDP411. I see on Amazon is an Arcam official dealer who has a refurbished unit for half the price. Is that a good deal?
--Jonathan
Ag insider logo xs@2xarnoland

When I was a kid in the seventies, I used to plug my electric guitar into the "aux input" of an old KLH phonograph, just like this one. For some reason, the name just stuck with me through the years. lol

http://www.radiomuseum.org/images/radio/klh_r_d_co_cambridge/eleven_497099.jpg

I have had great luck with fully authorized factory refurbs - actually many were never used ...
Call the dealer, feel them out, buy if comfortable. They will tell you if it's a return to them, or a refurb they procured from the US distributor, etc. If you want the product and you are comfortable with the dealer, buy it.....
I have had one bad experience with a Marantz DVD changer which I bought factory refurb. I bought from an authorized dealer. It was evidently a lemon, it failed within the first week of receiving it. It would just shut off and not turn on, which I assume is the reason it was refurbished in the first place. I sent it back to Marantz and after waiting a few weeks to get it back, it failed again for the same issue, again within about 2 weeks. I ended up just giving it away to someone, just wasn’t worth the trouble anymore. I won’t buy refurb again but maybe you will have better luck.
Mike