Redbook+SACD Player to Replace Denon 5900?

I need some suggestions folks. I'm thinking about downsizing my system somewhat by getting rid of my Denon 5900 and going with a seperate DVD player and Redbook/SACD player. I don't care if it has DVD-A capability. I've even thought about forgoing SACD completely and just going back to Redbook.

My budget for the CD player is $1000 tops. If I decide to just go Redbook, the top contender on my list is a modded Jolida JD-100A, merely because I've owned a stock unit and loved the sound.

Does anyone have suggestions for me? My downstream equipment is mid-fi: Aragon Soundstage pre/pro, Sherbourn 5/1500A amp, Onix Rocket RS750 mains. Thanks in advance for your input.

Doug
dpippel

Showing 3 responses by robm321

jdaniel,

A bunch of random facts, but what was your point? I didn't catch it. 80% of this and SACD backordered, and so on. What were you getting at? SACD is taking over because a title is backordered. Sounds like you've been reading Sound and Vision.

Look at the big picture and everything will come into focus, not individual SACDs that sold out because they didn't make enough, or how SACDs are 100% better than CD??? LOL

Don't confuse what you wish for with reality.

by the way DVD-A does sound better than SACD
Impossible unless you have $10k or more to spend -- so why not get a good redbook player instead of jumping on Sony's bandwagon to nowhere? You can do that for as little as $900.
Russ, the IMHO should be implied. These are all opinions. Mine aren't always humble ;)

Another thing that should be implied in all posts is "let your ears be your guide". Every time someone posts a question - there are about 2-3 people who post "let your ears be your guide" -- so why have a forum we should all just sit and listen and not compare ideas LOL but then how would we kill time at work?