Recommendation for Improvement over McCormack DNA-225

I currently have a McCormack DNA 225 mated with a VTL 2.5 and Line Magnetic 502 DAC powering my Salk Veracity HT3's. I think it sounds really nice but can definitely have some top end harshness, especially at the volumes I like to listen to.  I consider the Salk's are fairly power hungry in the low end (as confirmed with Jim Salk), can anyone recommend a SS amp with as much grunt as the McCormack in the range of 2K plus or minus.  Sure I would like a Pass or Ayre, but those are way above my price bracket.    I've tried Bel Canto Ref1000 mono's and Van Alstine.  The DNA had a better mid range presentation and better bottom end than both, no comparison.  Any other recommendations shy of the DNA 500, which again is over my price range.
128x128dwolek

Showing 4 responses by dwolek

I should have mentioned that yes I have the room treated - corner traps, approx 10' linear of 4" absorbers on each wall at first reflections and panels behind the speakers.  Thick wool area rug on floor and going to treat ceiling this fall.  I've been thinking of CODA for a while, never heard one though and unfortunately they seem to be difficult to resell if its not my cuppa.  Maybe I'm wrong on that.  A Pass 250 at $2500 would be within budget, just not the .5 version which I understand is considerably more refined sounding.  Again, never heard one.  Wonder how either CODA or Pass would sound compared to the DNA.  Better or just a bit different.  Anyone ever hear both?
I'm using cardas crosslink speaker and MAC power cables.  I do have a very competent tech who could upgrade the amp with parts consistent with what SMC does for much less money.  That is an option.  So is the consensus either a coda or X250 for smoothness if I choose to upgrade?  I'd love to hear of a couple other option.  Thanks. 
I have a dedicated 20A line with a PS Audio receptacle.  Yes I might consider upgrading the fuse.  Might be a cheap experiment.  
All good suggestions.  Thank you so much.  My source is Tidal HiFi and HDTracks HiRez downloads streamed through a SB Touch using.  I agree perhaps to look at some reasonable fuses and try some different wire but I'm not going to drop a boatload of money on this to be sure.  I also had a dual core room correction a while back.  Didn't like it as I felt it robbed the sound of that natural resonant feel from bass and woodwind instruments.