Ready, set, comment! Speaker cables don’t make a difference?

Audioholics will be doing another video on this at 4pm (I assume Eastern), today. Rather than comment on it after the fact, some here might want to jump into the live comments thread? Anyway, in case that’s you, here’s the link:https://youtu.be/kR12Ttuxobs

Old chestnuts never die, they just return in the Eternal Cycle of Re-roasting....
128x128hilde45
I am willing to bet he will happily sell you mid-range HDMI cables at the point of sale. 
Some continue to think this is rehashing a topic done to death, here. That's not what this post is doing. The idea is not to convince the measure fanatics or the die-hard Gene acolytes -- no point in that -- but to put into a public forum some of the more salient facts that audiophiles believe with good justification. As likely as not, there's some young person, interested in audio but not knowing much, who is reading the comments and trying to learn. Dropping informed comment into Gene's thread is the same kind of act that writing a letter to the editor at a newspaper was -- a way of helping someone understand other perspectives out there. Obviously, if people have time to spend debating things here, they might have time to help someone over there. That's why this post is *not* clickbait and why it's not getting shut down.

@stevewharton  -- very clarifying and interesting post. Exactly the kind of post -- along with other good ones like this, here -- I was thinking could be dropped into Gene's YouTube comment thread. 

@jasonbourne52 

A tedious and boring subject!

Clearly untrue as you have decided to spend your time both reading this thread and taking time to comment about it.

I tried to watch the video but after a few minutes it was just stuff I did not understand or really care about so I stopped and put on Art Pepper and that is something I understand. Art coming through my modestly priced speaker cables....!
Sick of all these videos...just leave me alone. I will buy what I want. If I hear the difference, then it was worth it. Too many busy bodies worrying what everyone else spends money on. Cables do make a difference, at least i can hear it. I did not spend a ton of money either. You cannot go wrong with Audioquest, QED, Atlas, Chord, ecosse cables. They all offer a line of reasonably priced quality cables and interconnects. If they want to use zip/lamp cord or Amazon basic cables then go right ahead. I've been using my 4 meter pair of QED silver anniversary bi-wire cables forever now and they sound darn good to me. Also Chord c-line interconnects have been in use for years with good results. My alternate pair of 4 meter speaker cables are the Audioquest type 4's. 2 pairs for bi-wiring my Tannoys. They were reasonably priced and custom made by Audio Advisor. No need to spend any more than this for quality cabling. 
Over the decades I have have learned to trust my ears and not measurements.  But I will not criticize anyone that feels the need for a measurement crutch.