"BEST USED" CD player or players at about $1000

Getting tired looking for a "new" CD player. Therefore, would like some recommendations from members who have owned a few different players as to THE "BEST USED" CD player at or around $1000 I will assume these players retailed NEW between $1500-$2000. Thank you
sunnyjim

Showing 2 responses by dhl93449

My vote is for the Cambridge Audio 840. I have been using one for a couple of years, and was feeding the digital outputs to my Bryston BDA-1.

I recently purchased a PS Audio PWT to replace it, but feeding both to my Bryston and A/B'ing has shown me just how good the Cambridge Audio is. The brightness some folks complain about is in their analog output stages and is absent when you use digital outputs fed to a good D/A. It was so close to the PWT I almost sent the PWT back, but decided to keep it because the PWT will play high res .wav files and the Cambridge won't. The PWT was also a bit better at resolving detail, but not by a huge margin.

Most folks don't also realize the Cambridge is one of the few players that will output upsampled digital to 24/192 as well as the native 16/44.4.

If most of your music is standard CDs, you can't go wrong with the Cambridge. It sells for around $800-900 in very good used condition.
Jimbo:

You may want to contact Wally at Underwood. I believe he lives in Hawaii.