Question for Paradigm Studio 100 owners ...

I'm having some trouble getting the proper amount of bass from my 100v.2 speakers. A fellow inmate at the Asylum suggested moving them out from the rear wall. I was wondering if any of you have experienced increased bass from your Studio 100 or similar speaker after moving them away from the rear wall? Also, how far from the wall did you have to move them to get optimum sound? Any other suggestions re: speaker placement of the Studio 100s would be appreciated. Have a great holiday and thanks for the responses.

John B
oregon3

Showing 2 responses by caseyclermont

The Paradigm Studio 100v2 are a well built/designed speaker, if I switch them, I'll be listening to PMC IB2i's.
I am apparently one of many who find the 100v2 to lack the ability to produce bass with much authority, which is why I compensate with a Tannoy PS350B to assist with the depth, and it does so quite respectively.
With that being said, I take my hat off to Paradigm for creating such an amazing speaker for such a great price, I picked mine up second hand from a good friend who took meticulous care of them.
I find it difficult to find a great speaker that will reproduce classical/jazz and rock n roll, so two pairs of speakers might be the best solution, depending on ones mood and choice of music.
Even Bob Marelys' bass is effortlessly controlled.

Bryston 4BSST2
PS Audio AC10 Power cables to both Brystons and DAC
Bryston BP26
Bryston MPS-2
Benchmark DAC1-PRE
MIT T2 quad speaker lines
Transparent Opus MM2 IC between all three components.
Mackbook pro plays FLAC through AMARRA via usb to the DAC.
I also have the Studio100 v2.
I'm using a Bryston 4B SST2 amp.
Bryston BP26 preamp.
Benchmark DAC2 HGC
Transparent balanced XLR interconnects.
MIT Terminator bi-wire speaker cables.
SVS SB13 Ultra Sub
Blue Circle Noise hounds for power cleaning
The sound potential for these 100 v2's is nothing short of inspiring, personally I find the the quality of the track being played was the key factor in how the speakers revealed their true abilities.
Bob Marley "Could You be Loved" and Dire Straights "Ride Across the River" played back in FLAC format, preferably 24/192 was nothing short of bliss.
As for jazz, Arne Domnerus "Jazz at the Pawnshop" hi rez tracks is truly life like.
My audio room is approximately 18'x25' 8.5ft ceilings. the speakers are positioned in the corners approximately 2.5ft front each wall, they are separated by approximately 12' between them. If I upgrade, it might be a pair of Magnepan 3.7i mated to a pair of Pass Labs XA100.5