Quality CD player to also serve as external DAC?

I'm looking for a good quality used CD player for under 1000.00, that would have a digital input, so I could use it's quality DAC in conjunction with a Sony 400 CD changer.

Suggestions?
trubluluc

Showing 3 responses by c123666

musical fidelity Pre24 CD...has two coaxial and toslnk inputs and two coaxial and toslink outputs

three line level inputs w/tape moniter, record out

one pair of preamp outs

A/D converter so can you record analogue to digital (get those LPs to CDR)

analogue volume control

same transport as their expensive Trivista CDP

was current product in 2002 and goes for less than a grand used....retail was 3000..lovely appearance and built like a tank
Cal Audio has been out of business for ten years or close to that. If it breaks it could be a proprietary part and you are pretty much screwed unless you want to start building a pile of these things to scavenge parts. Some of their transports/players used proprietary transports; just so you are aware!

I am trying to stick with digital products that are supported by companies still in business.
I asked Peter Qvortrup (Audio Note UK) if he could add a digital input, or two, to his new CD player. His response was that it would add more complexity and, hence, cost. His advice was to buy an external dac.

That is, unless you have that very good Musical Fidelity PreCD24 unit. Been listening to it and it is very good.