Puritan PSM156

Hello All,

I came across this product while searching Power Conditioners. Puritan PSM156.

Does anyone have one, or, does anyone know anything about it, and how it would stand up to or even better the more popular and well known brands?
Ag insider logo xs@2xloganfan

Showing 3 responses by mclinnguy

Not sure why this is in the cable sub-forum, but anyway -I did plenty of reading before upgrading my power conditioner, here are some good reads: I bought the PSM156 and am extremely satisfied with the improvements

PSM136/156

Niagara vs PSM

@questforhifi you have tried a Puritan PSM156 in your system? And you found it restricted dynamics? 

I honestly don't remember so much with the PSM156- it sounded pretty darn good right from the get go, and I don't recall a large downturn, or a huge upturn after the fact. The Furutech outlet I just went through on the other hand had a much greater variance in sound quality and burn in character than anything else I've had before. 

Typically it is around 200 hours for cables, and I assume you are using a new one that came with that unit right? so that would be my guess. 1 week of constant playing is 168 hours, I would say that is a good minimum.