Protection

Hi, how do I pay for an item over the $10,000 Paypal maximum for a single transaction and maintain the buyer protection?. Thanks!
emdaudio

Showing 3 responses by zd542

You're nuts if you trust Paypal to handle a sale for that kind of money. If somethings happens and you need buyer protection, Paypal is not going to help you. They're scumbags that could care less. You'll need to get a lawyer to both deal with the seller and Paypal.
"11-09-15: Paladin
Do you know/trust this seller?
If so you will have to make multiple payments through PP.
I have done this in the past - But you had better know whom you are sending $10K+ to."

Not only that, but given the fact that a PayPal transaction is limited to 10k would suggest that they don't want to get involved with anything more and/or they may be obligated to report the transaction to the IRS. Any sale over $10,000 in cash has to be reported (or structuring more than 1 lesser payments adding up to 10k or more). I'm not 100% sure, but most likely PayPal payments may be treated as cash given the nature of how their system works.

Either way, it can be an excuse for them not to offer buyer protection.
I just looked it up out of curiosity. PayPal is listed as a money transmitter. Normal consumer protection laws don't always apply, so there is a much greater risk of loss using them.