Problems with U.P.S.

I have had five problems with ups in two months. They have lost cod checks, destroyed a package that was packed in a crate, and even delivered a package to a completely diffirent address that was on the label. They even accepted a bank check with the wrong name on it. I am the only one having problems with them? Any recommendation on alternate shipping companies would be appreciated.
hobbes05
Another damaged item arrived via UPS (ground) today (Marantz receiver). Our driver is great, but we can pass on the rest of the company.
Good point Brian. Our driver is also great and a decent golfer too :-). However the rest of the company is difficult to call even decent. My company has employees in 6 states all on a contract engineering or IT job. All they want is their paychecks on time. We stopped using UPS when each week one at least one of 20 someodd payroll packages would be "lost". We now use fed-ex 2nd day service and have had zero problems since. I have much more to do that track payroll packages that I should not even have to think about again.
Reading review of new Infinity speaker in May 2000 Stereophile. Reviewer says."FEDEX drop-kicked the speaker" completetly dastroying the low bass driver. Read review.
UPS gives a whole new meaning to the words " DROP SHIPPED"! My Dac looked like it was dropped off the Sears tower!
Fed Ex:....... as far as Fed Ex goes, we have had one damaged item with them (total, to and from) in the 8 years we have been using them. If we would have known the repair amount we woudln't have even bothered with the claim (*$35*). We haven't used them much in the past two years, except for CODs, but I am sure they are just as good as they were when we used them daily (we now use DHL, but they do not offer a COD service).