Problems with my Berning ZH270

Don´t know what happen with my Berning ZH270 amp. I have Merlin VSM-M speakers and Electrocompaniet CD player. The amp is very fast and clear, but also bright, bright, bright.
I have tried Cardas Golden Reference interconnects, Nordost SPM speaker cables (and much more wires), without any improve. I have just add a LA-100 Joule preamp and things are now better, but not enough.
Tube rolling?. Another amp?. Wich amp (I would like to keep my new Joule preamp). Thank you.
George
georgegonzalezzd5e2

Showing 2 responses by 84audio

Hi George
I have almost your exact system. The ZH270, the VSMM's and the EC dac. I don't have a brightness problem at all. I have not used any of your IC's but I don't think that should be a problem. Before you do anything, call Bobby at Merlin and I'm sure he will help. He really is one of the good guys in this industry. good luck
George, I have read that some knockoff Bernings are floating around. You might contact Dave Berning with your serial number. Also, Allan Bhagan might be a good resource for you. I can count the number of great dealers on 1 hand, and Allan is among the best. He knows more about the Berning than anyone. You can reach him at [email protected] He sold me the ERS upgrade for the Berning which is an unbeleivable improvement. and wellfed, yes I am Larr'ys friend.