ProAc Response 2: CJ CAV45, Cary SEI 300B, or Cary Rocket 88?

Looking at the amps listed in the title to pair with my newly acquired ProAc Response 2: CJ CAV45, Cary SEI 300B, or Cary Rocket 88

Looking for the best tone and most in-the-room presence possible. Also want tuneful/rhythmic bass vs depth/authority.

Any feedback from those who have heard any of these, especially with ProAc would be appreciated.

Thanks!

128x128leahy

@leahy Nice, can't go wrong with that. Its the one I would have picked in your situation and with your particualr speakers. Nice little integrated amp and easy resale later if you choose to upgrade again down the road.    

Post removed 

Proac usually requires quite a bit of power compared to an efficient speaker at 90db or higher. All the amps you have listed are great camps but they are single ended triode low power amplifiers and they need those 90db plus efficient speakers to shine. I had Cary audio 300b (my favorite set amp ever) monoblocks with Swan Allure speakers sounded amazing for a big full-range speaker with super low power. That system you heard those on that audible Illusions preamp is one of the best kind of like convergent audio technology just about 1/3 of the price the modulus 3A is one of my favorite preamps ever., as far as an amplifier I would recommend a music reference rm9 Mark 2 omg your jaw will drop on floor. My dad has owned brick-and-mortar audio shop in the same location for 42 years I'm only 36 years old but I have had the chance to play around with a lot of nice gear and what I recommended is not cheap but it's not super expensive but it's super amazing

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience. I had an RM9 Mk I some years ago, but I did not have a quality preamp paired with it. I'm sure the RM9 II with AI3 would be a great system. Along with the CAV45 on the way, which should be enough power for my small room and listening habits, I'm in negotiations for an M3B. If that comes my way, I'll be on the lookout for the MR amp too!

Charles - now that I'm close to a deal with the AI-M3B, I really want to source a pair of the CAD monos. It will be a lot of fun to audition a few integrateds against some quality separates. 

For anyone who cares, I'll post observations as I acquire different pieces.