Preamp for Pass Labs X150.5 or X250.5

Upgrading my Musical Fidelity M6i Integrated and M6 CD/DAC with one of the Pass Labs X.5 amps. Using Usher Be-718 DMD speakers with subwoofer (for now). Was going to look for a used X1 or X2.5 Pass Labs preamp and new DAC but thought maybe another option would be to look for an all in one Preamp/DAC that also has HT Bypass along with ability to connect my sub. After doing some research, a couple that come to mind are used Classe CP-800, or new NAD M51, and Wyred 4 Sound DAC2(not sure if sub will work). Any other suggestions or would it just be better to stick with used Pass Labs Preamps and then an economical DAC? My budget is $3k or below for the preamp/DAC.

I would prefer to go with the Pass Labs amps (per the recommendation of the Usher dealer) but another totally different option would be to go with a better integrated such as the Hegel H300 which has all in one package including HT bypass.
dkrilic1

Showing 1 response by kiddman

I've a lot of experience with Pass and unless you are willing to spend a LOT more money than the Pass preamps go with Pass. And in the cases of spending a LOT more money even most of those won't be as good.