Pre-AMP to Match a KRELL KSA-250s

Hi,
I have been hunting for a pre-amp to match my Krell KSA 250. I am currently using a Meridian 506 CD player and B&W CDM-7se's. Have MIT XLR’s ready for a pre amp and am using Transparent Audio "the wall" in wall reference premium series speaker wire.

The CD player will be changed soon, probably to a Rega. I have a set of B&W 803's on the way.
Please help... I am considering a AR LS-26 or less expensive AYRE K-3 or K-1 but don’t want to lose any punchy bass. I need XLR inputs and out’s and a remote control. Age doesn’t matter. Dark sound is ok
Currently the Meridian is plugged directly into the KSA250 using Tara Labs RCA's. No volume control!!

YOUR OPINIONS WILL MATTER, THANKS FOR YOUR TIME
basque23
Jess,
If you are leaning towards Krell preamplifiers look for the KRC - it is much better than the KCT - bass was fuller, much better controlled. The KCT sounded sterile compared with the KRC. Although I prefer tube preamplifiers (DarTZeel is my exception) the KRC was exceptional for a solid state preamplifier. I owned the HR version. The phone section was also really good.
However, be prepared to change all the electrolytic capacitors in a used KRC. These preamplifiers run hot and the capacitors should be defective nowadays.
Hi,
Microstrip, thanks for the info. You know, everybody that I have talked to, 8x+ people, have said they prefer the KCT vs. the KRC's, including the HR model
I am curious, what kind of dynamics made you lean to the less expensive KRC.

Jess
A Denon DCD 3500RG ? One of the less annoying CD Player on earth. So smooth and liquid and....25,6kgs. Acchh yes, this is the reason why in fact ;-)
Not sure about the krc-2. My understanding was that the KCT and KRC-hr were far better