Power for Focal Aria 936

Hi all,
Just ordered a pair of Focal Aria 936s. Focal reports a sensitivity of 92dB, but a minimum impedance of 2.8 ohms is reported:
https://www.stereophile.com/content/focal-aria-936-loudspeaker-measurements

So how much power do I really need to optimize these speakers (large room)?
Current budget for power is only $1K, either integrated or pre + power. I'm certainly open to something 2-4 years old used.

Thanks for any suggestions/thoughts.
islet

Showing 5 responses by islet

I also see an Adcom GFA-555se for $650 (purchased in 2015), and a pair of Emotiva XPA-1L mono blocks for $700 on Audiogon right now.
Any experience with those?
Thanks for the comments so far: Parasound A23, as well as older HCA-2200 are in the price range. Obviously a bit concerned about helomech's comments about heat (though the HCA-2200 pushes 750 WPC at 4 Ohms...
Not familiar with Schmitt's. Good reviews, very intriguing. Anyone with experience out there with these? Sound quality?
I'm always nervous about "audiophile quality at mid-fi prices. Emotiva is in that category as well. Locally I found a Parasound HCA1000a and Emotiva USP-1 for $300 apiece.
Thoughts on those and the above??
So I've done some homework on the Schiit Vidar. One review mentions that low impedance at higher volume (which I do enjoy, especially as the ears age...) may trip the protection circuit.  http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/schiit-vidar-power-amplifier
That makes me nervous, even though sure seems like you get a lot for your money. Anyone out there using the Vidar to drive the 936s?
Any thoughts on the Adcom or Emotive options above, or other suggestions?
Hoping to stay as close to $1K total as possible. Looks like I can get a new Parasound P5 and 2 year old A23 for around $1400. Erik recommended that above.
I see a McIntosh MC7100 listed for $800. 
Older Mac vs newer Parasound...thoughts?

Thanks for all the comments. After a lot of homework, I opted to push the price range a bit (ahh, don't we always?), and went for a slightly used Hegel H160. Can't wait for it to arrive!