Power Cords on a $1000 budget what would you do?

I am still running stock factory cords and am looking to upgrade. My wife has a very limited patience level when it comes to swapping in and out multiple iterations I am enlisting your help to point me in the right direction. I have 3 power cords to buy. A 6ft length for my power amp. A 3-4 ft cord for my pre-amp and CD/DVD player. My system is outlined below. What I'm interested in knowing is if you had $1000 to spend on 3 power cords, how would you spend it and which cord would go on which componant?

My system is as follows:
Speakers: Proac Studio 200
Center: Proac CC2
Surrounds: Definitive BPZ/A in-walls
Sub: Sunfire Architectural Signature
CD: Denon 2910 (3-4ft)
Processor: Rotel 1066 (3-4ft)
Amp: Rotel 1095 (5-6 ft)
Power Center: Monster 3600 (3 ft)
Tuner: Sansui TU717 (3 ft)
I/C's Pure Note Paragon (Silver) throughout
Cables Pure Note Paragon (Silver) Bi-wire

What would you recommend for me getting started to hear the biggest positive impact? I have worked my way through combinations of Acoustic Zen Hologram and Matrix ref 2 I/C, through PS Audio Statement, and lastly Pure
Note Signature speaker cables. I have found the Paragons satisfying. I have my HT set up on a dedicated 20A circuit with the red hospital grade Hubbel wall outlets. I didn't install the real high priced wattgate,oyaide, etc...
sempaul

Showing 3 responses by fendergibs

Put the money in the bank or upgrade a real component.
There is no data or clinical trials demostating that power cords can make any difference in sound of your system. What you think you hear is the "placebo effect" which is a real occurence.
There is no scientfic data/theroy, nor extraporlation of data to even suggest why they would work in terms of changing the sound comming from you speakers, they may connect to the wall better and have gold plated contacts but the electroms dont care only we do b/c of marketing and fancy nonsensical salesmen explantions.

If you have any double blinded proof that they can make a difference in the sound please let us know it would be the first in the world that I have seen. Your personal non double blinded experience are not scientific, and only support the placebo effects as there is no scientific reason why a power cord would change or improve the soundwaves comming from your speakers.

fendergibs
Samuel,

Double blinded tests are the "gold standard " in all industries to prove if a product/drug does what it claims to do. It weeds out the BS from reality.

I am 100% sure if you got 5 or 10 or your friends together who are skilled listeners and identified the differences between stock and after market power cords that approx only 50% would be able to reliably ID thoses same differences under true double blinded conditions, and as you know a scores close to 50% mean that the difference was due to chance and that the cord had no real difference in the sound. What you thought your heard was the powerful placebo effect.

If you can do it above 65% of the time you might have somthing and you would be the first person on the planet to reliably hear diffences between power cords.
enyoy the rest of your system
fendergibs
Tmstamps,

Placebo effect is true for any product as it is an affect on the mind induced by apperence or preception other examples
the magic Q-Ring bracelet that is marketed to treat chronic pain via magents?? no clincal evendice above chance that it helps pain in controled studies
Another good example was the cheese wiz test a fancy french restruant displayed cheeze wiz on fancy french crakers on a silver tray the gourmet cheezs and cracker were displayed on paper plates more than 60% people thought the cheeze wiz was better vs 10% when they know what it was.

It is a real thing and sales teams use it to have us buy what there selling. "Buyer be ware " is a golden rule for a reason -fendergibs