Power Cord for my McCormack DNA-500

Paging all McCormack DNA-500 owners...

Santa was very good to me -- I landed a slightly used and very well cared for McCormack DNA-500 over the holidays. What an amazing amp! It has proven to be a substantial step-up from my Levinson 331 and really brings out the best in my Aerial 10Ts.

Here's the thing... because of the 20amp IEC component connector, I'm stuck using it with the original power cord for now. It's much more difficult to find PCs to "try" with the 20A IEC much less find one used here on Audiogon (although there are a few).

So, can any DNA-500 owners speak to the improvements your PC provides over the stock PC? I've seen lots of recommendations for the VH Audio Airsine. I love this PC and am using one on my orig Hydra. But... it took every penny I could scrape to buy the DNA-500, so a $700+ Airsine just isn't gonna happen anytime soon.

What about a Flavor 4 with 20A IEC on the component end? There is also a used Audience PC with 20A IEC. Anything else in the ~$300-$400 range that would be a substantial upgrade over the stock PC?

Thanks!
mdconnelly

Showing 2 responses by mdconnelly

Thanks to all for the positive feedback on the DCCA Extreme Ref. I did contact Don but I'm afraid even the demo is a bit beyond my reach right now. But I will definitely keep an eye on this cable.

And thanks, Steve, for your insight on PCs for your amp. I will definitely try a few!

Mike
Fplanner2000, I have used the Cable Company before on speaker cables a few years back and they are great to work with. And, yes, I have no doubt that if I hear what the high-end PCs like the Elrod can do on the DNA-500, I'll want one. Unfortunately, just nothing to scrape together right now so I'd rather not torture myself ;-)

FWIW, I am using a DIY version of the VH Audio Flavor 4 on the amp that is nice step up from the stock PC. That'll hold me for awhile.

Thanks to all for the responses!