Power conditioner or outlet?

I have a Shunyata MPC-12a power conditioner. Read that it was a good choice for audio equipment so I bought it. I also have high end power cords to all my equipment, as well as to my Shunyata.

I have recently read comments from listeners that you should plug your amp/preamp straight into the wall. Is that the case if you have a good power conditioner? I will do so if it is a better option, just concerned about no surge protection for the amps...but also don't want degraded sound! I am asking this because I am a newbie at all this, more money than audio sense. I am interested if anyone might have any experience in this
128x128easola01
Yes I have a whole house surge protector. Then I have dedicated circuit, and then the shunyata with surge protection as well. But it seems the best approach is to plug in power amp directly into outlet, then all other components...including preamp...into power conditioner. Hope that is correct. I will make those changes abruptly. Thank you for advice
I think there are some power conditioners like Audioquest Niagara range or Shunyata Denali  that have the technology that makes power amps sound better plugging  them in by providing more current. But again all system/house/power dependent.
Interesting. Don't know if my shunyata MPC-12A does or not. I know that it is passive and non-current limiting and that is about all I know. I am going to plug the power amp in directly to outlet and everything else including preamp into the shunyata and see if that sounds better or not
denon1
I think there are some power conditioners like Audioquest Niagara range or Shunyata Denali that have the technology that makes power amps sound better plugging  them in by providing more current.
They provide more current than what? To provide more steady state current than would be available direct from the wall outlet, you'd need a generator, not a simple power conditioner. It's the conservation of energy law.
Post removed