Power Amplifier Longevity

Hi All, 
I am venturing into the separate component world and was wondering how long a good power amp typically lasts.  I may have access to some older Lexicon CX and LX series amplifiers.  However, since they are discontinued and nearly 20 years old from what I understand, should I be concerned with how much longer they will last?  If they do need servicing, is this something that is available at a reasonable cost?  Or should I invest in newer equipment?

Budget is a concern for me which is why I am interested in these older (higher quality) amps at a reduced price versus spending the same amount on something newer, but lower quality.

At this time, I have a Marantz AV8802A and Vienna Acoustics speakers. 
Main L/R - Mozart Grand
Center - Maestro Grand
4 Surrounds - Waltz Grand

I thank you in advance for any advice provided on this subject.
Brian

brianb339

Showing 1 response by f917025

iv'e bought a used 1990's arcam delta power amp, sounds great and looks mint  .if i   h e a r   a bad sound than i might worry about caps. it has no moving parts and if it's a quality piece usually it's been well taken care of,if not than after 30 years you will see signs of abuse or humidity.if it looks good and mainly sounds good don't worry about it. lexicon's are a great  choice and sounds way nicer than most of today's amps and will pair well with modern dac's preamps and speakers.go for it.