Power Amp for Hyperion 938

I am running in a pair of new Hyperion 938 in a 12ft x 21ft room. Any recommendations? Budget is around $2000-$5000; prefer to spend less if possible. Used is also ok. Prefer tube amps(KT-88, 845, 300).

My setup
--------
Marantz SA-14 ver2 (modified)
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
Hyperion 938
Audience AU24 IC and speaker cables + jumper

Vocals, Jazz, Classical, Chamber, no rock.

Any input is much appreciated. Thanks.
ethifi

Showing 4 responses by ethifi

Hyperion tube amps not available locally for auditioning.
I am considering Antique Sound Lab 1009, new Supratek Malbec (but price not released). Anyone has good experience (sound, reliability) with Chinese made amps such as Opera?
Thanks all for the response. Because I have the Supratek Chardonnay preamp, I think I will try out the new Supratek Malbec 50W amp using KT-88. I hope these are heavenly combo.
I have no problems whatsoever. Surprisingly, the bass is not bloomy at all. Maybe because I am sitting 40% along the long wall. In my previous place, I was sitting to the back wall and the bass was very bloomy. In fact, after over 1.5 months run-in, the bass on the speakers is beginning to sound more punchy. When I first received the speakers, I complained to the dealer that bass was almost missing. My current amp is a cheapo-sort of amp which I bought over 10 years ago; it is the weakest link in the system.

Agree with Ndeslions that cables are also important. I have the AU24 and they are wonderful.