Plinius 8150i vs Bow Tech. ZZ1 and Wazoo

Gentlemen,seeking advice, and or opinions regarding these integrated amps. I'm putting a system together for a small (12x14) deticated listening room.At this point,I only have a new pair of Proac 1sc and a midfi Sony DVD/CD Player. I listen mostly to acoustic music, folk and some older rock. Plinius and Bow Tech. are not available in my area, but became very interested after seeing these pieces listed on Audiogon and reading reviews. THANKS in advance for your response!
mike19722839d93b

Showing 1 response by rrgordon

I have not heard the Plinius integrated, but do use the ZZ-One as my reference amp. It is exceptional--with a clear, open, yet warm sound. It uses only 7 active components in the signal path! The Wazoo, while not as capable of dynamic swing as the ZZ-One is a very musical amp as well. It would be hard to recommend just one without hearing them in your system, and I would caution you to carefully audition any used components that are no longer supported in the US. I have been very surprised by the way the small ZZ-One communicates more music than bigger more powerful amps. Highly recommended.