Please help - 3 top-of-mind choices for Avantgarde

Hi - I have just bought a pair of Avantgarde UNOs speakers and need to rebuild all my system around it (sounda familiar???).

I have a pair of QUAD amps (vintage - loan from a friend) and having great results, some say SET is NOT the way to go with the UNOs, but I may relay on the vast experience here - please advise of the best amps you think I need to consider.

PS: Manufacturer recommends a minimum of 10 watts per channel amp, I would rather prefer monoblocks.

Fernando
128x128flg2001

Showing 5 responses by flg2001

Thanks all for sharing your knowledge here - looks like I might need to try SET amplification (I have some options to loan from friends) and decide.

Looks like the best proce/performance ratio is at Welbourne Labs and Yamamura, I will post my findings.

I am currently using an old QUAD II amp (great sound - better than the Premier8´s) in this particular setup, I will try an Audio Prism Mantissa (EL38), a custom-built SET (45) and a Dared 300B SET integrated.

Regards,

Fernando
UPDATE ++

I finnaly reached to a conclusion and will get a Welborne amp (Thanks Tom), 300B based and very promising. I will post my findings once I install it.

Currently the QUADs are makig beautifull music, might keep them as well!!! goshhhh what a hobby!

Fernando
I received the Welborne 300B (Laurel) amps and sound great with my UNOS, the best option comapring in the same system with five different amps, some costing 5 times more.

Glad.

Fernando
Larryi-I would love to trey my amps with the Viva or Art Audio amps, as well as Wavac, currently I am focusing on matching the welborne with a good preamps since I am running direct to the amps via the variable output of the Accuphase CDP I own.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Well - I ended up getting a Jadis DA50 pure calss A amp, sound is rich and extended, nice fit for the UNOs, but still curious with the Audiopax or Lamm.

Thanks all for your feedback