Please find the excuses for me not to buy Stax 009S headphone

I may had got into rabbit hole of Headphone.

After getting Massdrop Empire Zeus IEm, I had been happy with its dynamics and nuanced details.

But after having gone back to my 2 channel system of Lansche 4.1 speaker driven by Line Magnetic 508 SET amplifier, I want more out of IEM.

My main system plays much more dynamic with deeper bass slam with deeper and more transparent soundstage.

After finding some good deal, I am about to pull the trigger for Stax 009 electrostatic headphone and KGSSHV Carbon amplifier for sizable sum of money.

Please find the excuses for me not to buy Stax 009S headphone.
128x128shkong78

Showing 1 response by big_greg

I've bought most of my headphones "pre-owned" so most were already burned in.  Of the new ones I've bought, my Massdrop Fostex T-XO didn't sound very good at first.  I didn't keep track of the time, but after maybe 30-40 hours, they sounded much better and are now one of my favorites, especially for bass heavy music.  I've always let new headphones "burn in" for a day or two playing Pandora or something before doing any critical listening, but 300 hours seems ridiculous, especially if they don't improve. 

That frog is definitely not worth kissing!