Placement tips for Synergistic Research HTFs

I just bought 15 HTFs and will also be making about a dozen of Ozzie's homemade models.  While I will re-fresh myself with SR's placement tips, and I get that I will have to do some experimenting to tailor the HFT effect to MY listening room; are there any "Advanced HFT Placement Tips" some of you would like to share with us?  Something that might be overlooked by many of us?  Or maybe, just a good rule-of-thumb tip for someone just starting to use these?
The tips could be tips for bring out more highs, solidifying the bass response, placement hi vs low, in front of vs behind speakers, on side walls, at reflection points, behind the listener, on the ceiling above the equipment or above the listener, on the equipment.
Any ah-ha that you would like to share?  I would also be very interested in hearing from people using Magnapans.

toolbox149
I forgot my youngest has a half day today, so I didn't get to do quite the lengthy listening session I wanted. I used one track that I love (Hazey by Glass Animals) and use consistently as a gauge for the effect of changes to my system.

Here are my notes (never took notes while listening before. Interesting):

None: soundstage extends 30' back, 25' wide , vocalist is 15' back

HFTs just inside speakers: treble is more crisp, better separation of sounds, vocalist further back 25-30' now, soundstage and center are elevated, mids are smoother, soundstage isn't wider, but seems more open

HFTs as above+on front of speakers: more clarity in highs, sounds extend out into the room, widening of the soundstage by 10', soundstage shifted forward-vocalist is 20' but the whole soundstage begins well in front of the speakers now and seems to float in the room. Mids are not much different than above.

HFTs as above+2 higher on back wall: vocalist is back to 25-30', soundstage opened upwards as though a low ceiling were replaced with a big dome, width did not change. Treble seems a bit more relaxed, less in your face, like it has more room, mids seem slightly smoother.
HFTs on inner side of speakers: treble is reduced from above, mids more compressed. Soundstage is deep, vocalist is back 25-30', but it's narrow and barely extends outside the speakers. A mild tunnel effect (without reverb, of course).

HFTs on outer side of speakers: highs are very detailed and spacious, mids more open, very wide soundstage extending well outside the speakers. The depth hasn't increased, though, so the soundstage feels stretched out horizontally. A translucent wall of sound effect.

I'm sensing a pattern..
A few other things: I don't expect everyone's soundstage size to match me. Perceived distances are there for more accurate comparison.

My system:
Dared MC7-P tube preamp
Ghent audio class D monoblocks
Rega P3 (old P3) with exact cartridge
RBH 1266se-r speakers
No Todd, you didn't kill this thread.
I, for one, have been extremely busy with some outside work that needed to be done - right now!  Now that my projects are done & the sunny period is behind, I'll be moving back indoors and re-focusing on our little project here.
Thanks for all the great work you did testing the multiple mounting positions and locations for me.  Your results mirror my results with a few differences, probably due to our speakers being so different.
I will be able to do the final testing today, between the Ozinators, the HFTs, and the jkbtnonators (dude, you have to get a better handle than jkbtn :) on my second system.  
The results of the hardware shoot off, and also my position test results will both be posted by this weekend.

Thanks,
Toolbox
Beautiful. It’s funny, I’ve been doing loads of outside work too.. ahh spring. When everything needs to be done NOW!

Looking forward to your report.