Piega loudspeakers

Any owners? Thoughts vs other speakers you have owned?

rsf507

bump, I'm considering a pair of Master line source 2's and am wondering what Piega owners have to say about their experience and what these amazing speakers need to play their best. If you haven't owned the MLS2 any Piega experience will help. Tia Steve

I've owned a few pair of Piega speakers over the years, the last and best were the C10 Ltd with their coaxial midrange tweeter. Everyone refers to them as ribbon drivers, but they're not true suspended ribbons. They're a planar magnetic design similar to Magnepan drivers, while they do uniquely combine the midrange and tweeter driver which provides a great image.

Steve:

I have owned Piega C40's in the past and loved them, however they were a little light on the bass, but they had a midrange and high end to kill for. My fear about the Master Line Source 2's is that with those 4 coaxial drivers, the speakers might be very bright, however I have never heard them. It would be great if you could hear them first, especially if you have a difficult room.They sure look nice, however they are quite tall. Good Luck! Sam