Phono pre for Technics SL-1000R (Esoteric E-02?)

Hello!Is there any Technics SL1000R owner? I would like to know if it's easy to match with a phono pre or are any brands to avoid. 
I read some time ago very good reviews about the Esoteric E-02, any experience?
(My amp after de Techincs-phonopre is a 2a3 tube amp)

Thank you guys, I learn a lot every morning with my breakfast reading all the posts I can read. (#whitecamarossteam)
ramon74

Showing 5 responses by luisma31

+1 to @chakster , he is right, keeping your options open
If you have to choose although I’m not an owner I heard the DSA is exceptionally good +1 @lewm  if cost not object.

I have an Atmasphere phono stage plus preamp which is gorgeous and really doesn't push me to look into it other options at the moment
Thank you, I will keep your offer in mind, the only reason I haven't done it yet is I have a stock Technics 1210 mk5 which I'm selling, thought on modifying it with the DIN connector but since I'm selling it and getting a different TT and tonearm I will modify it on the one I'm getting. Single ended connections are a magnet for RFI, with a specific cartridge Stanton (track master?) the DJ one I get a radio station on the left speaker, change the cart to DL301 and I don't get radio. Turn on my digital rig with either cart and I get popping sounds on my right speaker like a faulty tube.Sorry to the OP for all the OT comments.
Thanks again Lew, appreciate it.

Your journey with the MA240's is amazing, I have the "gaggle" of 6AS7G's but I'm happy with them, the MA-1's are good in their own way.
My existing current Technics has single ended connections into adapter cables going balanced into the MP-1 that's why the RFI issue, if the connection would be balanced yes definitely the problem will be gone and YES his units are cable insensitive, I went replacing cables and trying different ones and if you keep "true" balanced end to end the cable makes no difference, a home made Mogami with Neutrik connectors is good enough.
Had an MP-3, now an MP-1 the phono stage is superb, I would say the MP-3 for the money IMO is one of the best preamps outthere, the MP-1 is more refined and obviously costly, I don’t know what Ralph did but sometimes I miss my MP-3 over my MP-1, as good as my MP-1 is, my former MP-3 had "something" which made it special (but I went through system changes so I don’t really can’t compare with same conditions)
A local dealer have DSA’s and I heard it is excellent but yes pricey.With the MP-1 Ralph will give you the ability to control gain etc. old fashion way with attenuation and resistors for cart loading, the gain on his preamps and the "delicacy" of sound is amazing.Beware, if you have RFI issues the Atma phono stage is so sensitive that if the TT cable is not of good quality will pickup RFI and you could hear a radio station coming out of your speakers, that’s what you get with a top class phono stage
@lewm
Since I have owned and used an atma-sphere MP1 for more than 20 years 
Hey Lew, by any chance do you also have MA-1's?OMG just went to your system MA-240? 6C33C's? what did you do Lew to get such beauty from RalphAnd ESLs? what?
Superb system Lew, hats to you