Phono interconnect under $500 used

I am using Mogami 2549 interconnects at the moment to connect from the tonearm to my phonostage. It is good, well balanced tonally with macro dynamics and speed. However I get a feeling that I am missing on outright resolution. Is it a realistic expectation to find another interconnect within $500 (used) which will have the fine balance of Mogami yet improves on the resolution ? I am not looking at the latest and the greatest but rather a proven IC for phono connection.
pani

Showing 2 responses by zd542

This is one of those cases where you really need to call The Cable Company. You can have them send out a bunch of different cables so you can try them in your system, side by side. I've used them many times and feel its well worth the effort.
Atmasphere,

"The phono cartridge is a balanced source. If you are able to run it balanced, it will have the same benefits that balanced line was created for- immunity to cable colorations."

Are you suggesting that running a fully balanced cable connected to fully balanced components are immune to cable colorations? I don't find that to be the case. I can hear differences between balanced cables. Or am I just misreading you post?