Paypal issue beware.

I sold a $1500 amp to someone here notified after delivery had physical damage to it looked like it was dropped. Anyhow contacted UPS to process a shipping claim. In the mean time he filed a pay pal case. Fine told him we would go through that process.  PayPal goes and gives him back his money with out tracking or evidence he sent it back! I call they said because he used some sort of mandated government payment they do not require any evidence that it was shipped back.  

What type of payment is this?

So the guy can order stuff put in a case saying it did not meet description and get money back with out returning a item? This makes no sense will never sell using pay pal again.   Just spent an hour on the phone with them.  Also I want to know what type of account this is seems like the best scam going order a whole bunch of crap say it didn't meet description and get money back and not have to return it.  I'm out $1500 paypal even charged me the fees for there great service and I don't have my product back! I don't understand how this is allowed. 

programmergeek
I had same exact thing happen with a $1500 amp. Pascal is a scammers paradise. Seller has absolutely zero protection. They side with buyer every single time. Pascal is truly a horrible service.
Basicaly PayPal works very much Like a gentleman’s agreement. As long as both sides play nice it is convenient at best.
However PayPal have a long sad history of siding with the buyer even when presented with overwhelming amounts of contradictory evidence to the scam buyers nonsense.
Been there, fought them, got a credit ding for my troubles but at least I kept my money( twas in the days before they had rights to just raid your bank account for any perceived deficit).
Unfortunately a lot of buyers prefer PayPal for the protection they see it gives them.
And as gentlemen become less prevalent in the world, the worse it will get for sellers.
trumpisgreat16 is correct stating that buyers pay PP fees is against PP policy and any charge card for that matter. It is perfectly legal to add 5% to the selling price and offer a 5% discount if paying with cash, check, etc. The problem is what the item is worth is usually all people will pay.  PP is a very good tool for a buyer and seller to pay each other. Using the feed back on Ebay and AGon also gives you an idea of the credibility of both parties. Yes, the 3% charge on big ticket items is a rip off.
I use PP for all purchases because the packing coming from some sellers on Ebay and AGon is pretty bad. It is the only recourse I have for bad packing. I also think the seller should pay the return shipping, when the packing is clearly at fault.
It is bad that the seller pays the fees and usually get the short end of the stick. When Ebay started, you sent money orders and cash to the seller before they would ship an item.  I have over 5000 sales on Ebay over 20+ years and for the most part hate the outrageous fees they charge, but they have done much for the resale market of almost everything. Ebay has sided with me on a couple problems I have had with buyers, but for the most part they side with the buyer. I can also say, PP email me to not ship a sold $400 item sold on Ebay, because the card was stolen. Luckily I had not shipped the item. I would have been out $400 for sure.

We all seemed to have had some sort of problem's with PayPal,  my question is,  what reputable service is out there that similar to PayPal?,  I'm surprised that someone like Google,  Facebook,  Yahoo,  ect.. does not start a service, I wouldn't believe that there is some kind of copy rights, infringement laws, saying that a company of this kind cannot be established, can you imagine the money a company can make taking all the business from PayPal?, I would buy shares from a company like this a.s.a.p.  lol!
Pay Pal is a third party "Service provider". They are based out of Singapore which means that they do not have to comply with US banking regulations.The main Processors are, JP Morgan, Citibank, Shift 4, First Data to name a few. I do not understand why in today's market especially with mobile banking more vendors don't go direct to the source. Why insist on paying a third party like Pay Pal to contact the actual processor rather than you doing it for yourself for free. Of course the actual processors always charge their own fees, but Pay Pal charges fees on top of those fees in order to make their money. They also impose several terms like they have the right to withhold currency for 30 days for security reasons  - when in reality it's  for them to make money on interests. 

Then of course there is always, just writing a check, waiting on snail mail, waiting for the check to clear... its slower, but still works.