Pass XA30.5, X100.5, or Rowland 501 For Revel Gem

i would love to hear thoughts on which amp would be best with Revel Gem speakers - Pass XA30.5, Pass X100.5, or Jeff Rowland 501.

i know these are very different amps - class A, class A/B, class D - and would love to hear from folks that have tried them with Gems.

i'm looking for nice forward mids (especially vocals), fast, dynamic, lively sound - especially at lower volumes.

any inputs would be greatly appreciated!
128x128srosenberg

Showing 2 responses by kenl

Auxetophone - This thread caught my attention since I too own a Rowland Concerto with phono and love it. I'm expecting arrival of my new Maggie 1.7's soon, and know that the Rowland will be a good match. That being said, I'm a lover of Class "A" amps, and wondered if you had an opinion on whether you think a Pass XA 30.5 would have enough current to properly drive the Maggies? My room is small (12 x 14 x 10), and I primarily listen to jazz, female vocals & Internet Radio electronic ambient at low to moderate levels. My friends think the Pass would do the trick without leaving Class A, but I thought I'd ask someone who's had real world experience with it. The Maggies present a steady 4 ohm load, so the XA30.5 would be able to provide up to 60 watts in Class A. Thanks.
Auxetophone - Thanks for your input. When the Maggie's arrive I will contact Reno Hi-Fi and see if they have an XA-30 for home trial.