Pass labs X600

Hello

I would like to know, what amp from another manufacturer is comparable to the Quality and potencial of the Pass X600 regardles of price. What amp can be consider to be as good as the X600. I'm in the market for a pair of monoblocks, but seems that I won't be able to find any X600 any time soon, so I need another options? Also what make Pass labs X600 so heavy? is it worth the weight?Any help will be apreciated before I make a decision.

Armando
armandito

Showing 1 response by aldavis

Gryphon antileon signature stereo or mono.Flemming (owner of Gryphon)jokes that weight is the most important spec.Why ? Because TRUE class A amps get REALLY hot and require big heavy heat sinks.Does class A matter? YES! I switched from a very expensive Chord AB amp after I nearly blew it up.Chord claims that it was universally stable under all loads.The Chord was a great amp.Way better than all the usuall suspects.When I switched to the Gryphon Iwas floored by the low level detail and the limitless power.This despite a much lower nominal 8 ohm output rating. As it turns out the Gryphon can put out up to 5000 watts/channel as the ohms drop. Now thats universaly stable! If your amps going to put out this much classA its got to be big and heavy to dissapate the heat.