Pass Labs Amp X350.5 or X350.8 anyone compare?

I have searched for some opinions as to the sound quality comparison between the older Pass Labs X350.5 which I own and the newer X350.8.
It looks like the .8 does not operate as much in class A as the .5. But, that doesn't tell the story.
Anyone have a chance to listen to the newer X350.8? And if possible how does it compare to the X350.5?
128x128ozzy

Showing 1 response by acurus

I have compared the XA60.5 to the new 60.8, I would assume the same changes in sound are across the board to varying degrees despite the different series.

First off, the amps are quite different looking (although typical Pass labs look), bigger, longer, heavier, totally different binding posts and back panel. Build quality seems a bit better. For sound, the background is much blacker, deeper and wider. The window into the sound is endless. Bass is far more authoritative especially at lower volumes. Textures, tones and body are all improved significantly. Quite frankly, they could have come up with an entire new nomenclature as far as I am concerned. The upgrade is not insignificant. As good as the 60.5s were, the 60.8s are just head and shoulders better in every aspect.

I would bet the X series amps offer the same overall improvements.