Parasound JC-1 vs Pass Labs 250.5

I would appreciate any feedback regarding these two amps especially driving Martin Logan Summits. My current system includes Theta transport, Camelot Uther IV DAC, Aesthetix Calypso preamp,Rogue M-150 amps and Tara Labs Air 1 interconnects and speaker cable.
sgunther

Showing 1 response by audiosoul

I was in the process of buying a pair of Parasounds a year ago. After I mailed my check, the owner contacted me to say that one amp blew up when he turned it on one day. He sent my check back, but I kept in correspondence with him. After what I learned from his trials with the amps I started searching for those who had negative experiences with these amps. I found all kinds of problems, like how poorly the protection circuitry was designed and that's why some of them blow up. At least three owners said they had problems with the protection circuitry kicking the amps on and off. Then I found another guy who said a quick accidental touching of + and - blew up the whole inside of his amp. I would think carefully before buying these babies. Supposed to sound good though I haven't heard the Pass.