Paradigm studio 20 vs 60? Help please

So, Im currently somewhat locked into paradigm because of my trade up issues at my local audio store, but that's okay because I do like the sound I'm getting out of the v.5 studio series. My initial plan was to upgrade until I got to studio 60's, and then call it good for awhile, and now that I have the chance to do so (for $650), I'm starting to question if I actually want to go through with it. My concern is that I really like my studio 20's and wonder if stepping down from a 6.5 inch driver to a 5.5 inch driver with two extra 5.5 inch "midbass drivers" (crossed over at 500 hz) is going to add much to my listening experience. I've always liked monitor sized speakers, and now that I'm researching it I'm finding out that more drivers isn't always better because of conflicting dispersion from numerous drivers, more reflection off walls, etc. I'm new to this hobby, and know there are some really knowledable folks here to help steer me in the right direction, so thank you to all who respond, and please, this is only between the studio 20 and studio 60, both v.5. I know there are probably better speakers in this same price range but I'm currently somewhat locked into these speakers. Thanks again!
128x128b_limo

Showing 2 responses by sthomas12321

Ive owned a ton of Paradigms. Keep the 20's IMO. If you want to upgrade get away from paradigm from my experience. The S2 V1's I had were nice too. Above 1k used Paradigms value drops off(Studio 20's & S2)
Everyone hears speakers differently. Personally, I would rather have the 20's with 2qty small subs(dual) then the 60's or 100's for the money. I would also consider a all 20 V5 home theater down the road. Put the center and rears on the wall, and the mains on proper height stands. Just a thought.

I think the V5 are the best models, but the 20 V2 can be had for $300 pair($350 real wood). In terms of "value" that is a great buy for small stereo room, or Home Theater setups..