Paradigm Personas anyone heard them

No reviews on these yet that I can find. Curious if anyone has heard them and what were your impressions. Also any comparisons to the outgoing signature series?
thanks
mofojo

Showing 1 response by cdj123

Hi Mtrot,

I heard the entire Legacy line for the first time at RMAF. I have to say they offer amazing value for the money. I tend to agree with you assessment of the Focus XD’s. These are truly killer for the money and offer a full range experience. The Aeris is definitely a step up, but with most things in audio, it is diminishing returns. I think it could come down to personal preferences. The Focus will play very loud and give you a more balance sound with ample bass, while the 3F (about the same price) will give you very clear and precise highs and mids at the expense of impactful bass. What I did not like about the focus is they are very large and heavy and the tweeters seem to beam a bit. In the sweat spot, they are wonderful, but outside of it, they roll off significantly. I have not read this in reviews of the Focus or Aeris, and it could be more of a set up issue in the huge room at RMAF. Just my opinion.