Paradigm 100 vs BW CM9 vs Aperion Verus vs KEFQ900

I am building a dedicated HT in basement (12 x 16). The more research I do, the more confused I get. I need some advice here. Movie/TV/Music % will be 60/20/20 approx. I have short listed Hsu VTF-15H Subwoofer ($ 1000). I am still on fence with the front three. I have shortlisted these.

Paradigm Studio 100 and CC690 - $4600
B&W CM9GB and BW CMC2 - $4250
Aperion Grand Verus trio - $2800
KEF Q900 and Q600c - Priced very similar to aperions

I have auditioned Paradigms and B&W but not at the same place/time. I liked them both. I have never heard Aperions but they have received glowing reviews. KEF dealer is atleast 200 miles away from where I live. Paradigms 100 on the other hand, despite mixed reviews, have a large and loyal following. I am ready to spend more if its worth it.

Thoughts?? Recommendations?? Especially from people who actually listened to these in a HT setup.
nonstopdoc1

Showing 2 responses by b_limo

I have studio 20's and it's been a love / hate relationship. If you go paradigm, make sure the rest of your gear is laid back and have plenty of power, otherwise they will be bright bordering harsh. I finally got mine to sound right after I got the right components. I have a classe ca-150 pushing them and they still could use more juice. I plan on getting another classe ca-150 to run them bridged.
I've got to chime in here about the paradigms since I have lived with them for quite some time now. I've found that you have to have a nice amp / pre amp / source / cables and speakers that are very well broken in and then they do sound great. Take any of those factors away and they really can leave you feeling cold about them. I disliked my various studio models 10's, 20's, 60's, back to 20's all v.5) more than I liked them until I got everything right, now I really am enjoying them. They do need a couple hundred hours break in time before the highs mellow out and it's easier to end up with an overly bright sound if everything in your system isn't just right, but once you get it right, you end up with a very detailed sound. I wouldn't be suprised if they got rated as one of the hardest speakers to set up properly, and that is a big nick against them, but once set-up properly, they do sound good. I'm sure one day i'll build another system that will sound great also but just in different ways.