Over the top

Hello,

Well what started off as a quest for a little more punch in my system has turned into some "Over the top" moves on my part. I had been very happy with how musical my Mcintosh MC 2102 & C2200 have been, but I did want a little more dynamics and punch without loosing and musical aspects of the system. My speakers are Sonus Faber Guarneri wich I love, and I was considering adding a second MC 2102 and running them bridged. Long story short I ended up with two Mcintosh MC 2301 monoblocs & Mcintosh C1000T preamp! Over the top or what.....I won't have the new equipment until next week but I am looking forward to it! Can't wait to hear the Guarneri driven by the MC 2301's & C1000T, all comments are welcome........
nocaster

Showing 3 responses by flg2001

I own a pair of SF Guarneri and thought that adding a superb SS amp would help in the same areas you are looking for - so I bought a Gryphon pre/power combo with great results.

Saying that - I recently found that a Jadis Da55S provided a better defnition at all the audio spectrum, more vividness and definition - I am park there now.

Regarding the sub I agree with you - it works in some systems and not in others - it did not worked in mine - just added some integration problems and mushed the mids.

Good luck.
My right brain has been always in love with McIntosh - my right one keeps telling me it is just pricey Hi-Fi. My best decisions in life have come from my right brain!!!
Good choice... my left brain was also there while writing the original post.. anyway... I am sure you got the message - do enjoy them!