Outlaw 990, Anthem AVM 20, or ??

Hi all! I'm interested in upgrading my circa 1998 Sony 9000ES processor. My other equipment is as follows...Amp: Rotel RB985 (100x5)...Speakers: B&W Nautilus 805s (front), B&W DS6s (rear)...Sub: B&W ASW-3000...DVD: Denon 2900 (will upgrade to blue-ray soon!)

I have been eying the Outlaw 990 for a while. I have always liked their approach to quality and value, and have heard positive feedback on all of their equipment. With the announcement of the new 997, the 990 is going pretty cheap these days! I have come across other quality brands that represent a great value on the used market, notably Anthem. Any thoughts or recommendations on what would be a good complement to my current components. Because of my room layout, I don't see going to 7.1 so that is not a huge consideration. My primary use is movies followed by music. I don't necessarily have a budget, but both the 990 and Anthem can be had for less than $750 so lets say $1,000 at the top end, new or used is ok.

I look forward to your thoughts. Thanks.
Dave
lodi

Showing 1 response by lodi

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. My journey has lead me to the Onkyo pr-sc885. It is the same unit as the Integra 9.8. Bottom line, it has received RAVE reviews from all, and has all of the latest goodies...codecs, hdmi 1.3, audio quality, video quality. Best of all, it is available as a refurb for $799 at www.accessories4less.com.

Check it out....