Outlaw 1050 or Kenwood 6070? Help

I currently have a Denon 1800 AVR running Paradigm Monitor speakers and a Pioneer 45A DVD player. This set-up sounds very good but I want to try a 6.1 set-up now. I have read tons of good stuff on the Outlaw unit and some pretty good stuff on the Kenwood. The Kenwood is intriguing because of the THX Select feature and all the other bells and whistles. What I really want is a improvement in my music listing, since I now listen to a lot of DVD-Audio. I think the Outlaw will give me a better music experience than the Kenwood but is it enough to dump my Denon for, or should I keep saving for seperates? The Kenwood scares me from a quality standpoint, am I taking a step back from my Denon for some added features? Any help would be most appreciated as I am hot to do something (this upgrade bug is a awful pain).
128x128ssand1

Showing 1 response by picasso_04901

I'm running an Outlaw 1050 mostly for music and am extremely happy. I now am using the 1050 as a pre into a Lexicon NT512. I'll recommend a deeper fuller sounding speaker cable, such as Monster M2.2, a real bargain. I haven't heard the Kenwood, but you can always return the 1050 during the trial period.