Oregon Audiophiles...

How many Oregonians are there here on Audiogon?
jtinn
Thought I commented on here before, guess not or I can’t seem to find it.

I don’t really know any other Audiophiles at all. Not a single stereo store or activity what so ever out here. I’m in the Columbia Gorge, a little over an hour from Portland going East.

I get a little skeptical about meeting other audiophiles though. When I’d hang out in the stores in Portland I came across some the weirdest, oddest people around. Like borderline autistic or something. Maybe that’s just Portland though ha. However the shop owners were audiophiles and always pretty dang cool.

Cindy and Gary from the Audio Gallery in Lake Oswego is where I was first introduced to Hi end Stereo. A shame about Gary and the store closing. And would regularly stop into Echo Audio. Sometimes Freds sound of Music. Seen a few Audiophile stores come and go in the Portland Area. 
I'm about to find out about Portland, as I'm moving across the river from it in a week, to Vancouver Washington. I've visited Portland a lot, and know there are a few shops still open. Of those I've been in Echo only, and realize being in Southern California with it's rich (I don't mean in the financial sense, but that too!) audiophile community for so long has really spoiled me!
Kacz and  bdp24
I suggest joining the Portland Audio Club on Meetups. There are a lot of members but only about 35 are would I would say are active and at most meetup get togethers only about 15 attend. I sure there are some odd members but I have also met some wonderful Audiophiles who love music and discussing system components both at Meetup the vents and also at listening sessions I have held at my home for my friends.

2016:  Lets try this again. I invite any and all to my abode in Harrisburg. Say in a month or two so lets say April middle or end of the month. Let me know and bring a toy.   I will check back for interest and my email is in a prior post.