Oracle CDP 2000 vs 1000

hi,

I'm looking some help. Is someone could give me some details about CDP 2000 vs CDP 1000
I've listen the 1000 at the home of a friend of mine, but where I live ( Out of US ) I can't try a CDP 2000.

could u explain me what differences are, and improvement between both ?

ths mates

L
laurentd

Showing 3 responses by vincentdlee

Laurentd,
The CDT2000 & CDT1000 are pretty much similar in soundstage, dynamic, incredable in mid-bass. The difference is appearance only... I have cdt1000 and very happy with that even I haven't got a proper DAC for it. Just connect it to my old CDP which has digital input and the output is only 44,1KHz, but it's a big difference when compare with the old CDP. Imagine that I got a right DAC for it then......
If you love the appearance then you have to pay more for CDT2000 with the same sound as CDT1000. The CDT1000 is not bad at all, actually very nice looking, I just made a custom tempered glass base for it and looked so cool. But if your pocket is full then it doesn't matter... your call... enjoy the music...
"In a highly resolving system, the superiority of the CD-2000 is quite apparent."

Well, I didn't say they are the same, just pretty much similar. I heard them both with Martin Logan Pro and Audio Research MkIII, using Audio note 3x DAC, and then MF Trivista 21... and the sound was not much diffrence. And the Saleman of the store also agreed with that So I don't know what other HIGHER SYSTEM that Bill listened to ??? And don't know the above system I've listened to is high enough for the CDT2000 !!!???
Honestly, I prefer the CDT2000 over the CDT1000 because of the look, but with the price of CDT2000 over CDT1000 (and has only "more sophisticated and innovative suspension system than the CD-1000", unless I won the lotto....otherwise wouldn't waste bucks on it. Because "Both however, share the same transport and electronics."
That's why I told Laurent : it's your call ! If you can afford then go ahead....