Onkyo SV828 THX runs very warm

I have an Onkyo sv828THX i purchesed tis from the orignal owner and friend. Problem is with just a pair of Grado 125s this reciever gets quite warm, now i have it hooked to a pair of Celestion Compact A s and it has improved only slightly it has a varible load/speed fan that only comes on at power up and then only for a few seconds no Hum no noise just heat.Onkyo is little help when asked they said they wouldn't have the parts because it's to old (1997)this is a perfect reciever and i don't want to cook it. Even tho the Celestions are a difficult load this is a monster. So am i safe or is this 38 pound foot stool in trouble? Thanks Randy
art2music

Showing 2 responses by shiva

The fan turning on at start-up, lets you know that it is in working order should it be needed. If your unit ever reaches some preset temp, it should turn on. As it has not ever done so, more than likely the warmth of the Onkyo is normal.
if it is still a concern, I have read of some people putting some little after market cpu type fan and putting it in front of the existing fan and exhausting the heat that way.