Ohm Walsh speakers in the 21st century

Back in the seventies I had a pair of Ohm Walsh 7’s. They were big and bold and could really fill a room with amazing sound. Now, I’m thinking about redoing my system and an old friend asked me about getting Walsh again.  Does anyone here have or at least heard the new line of Walsh Tall speakers? I’ve read they now have a tweeter in them and that they are dampened on the back.

Any input would be appreciated.

JD
128x128curiousjim
JD,
The only difference between the 3000 and the 4000 is a 12" driver vs. 10" one. Naturally it can go a little deeper in the bass and louder too.

The Dynaco 400 is exactly what these speakers prefer.

As you may have noticed the OHM website is not big on handing out specs on their products (they weren’t 35 years ago either).
But to their credit they emphasize room size to pick the right speaker, which in all probability is the right way to pick your speakers.

You mentioned you had Walsh 7's in the 70's.  You are most likely referring to the Walsh F which was a true Walsh design (one driver and a true omnidirectional) unlike the modified Walsh designs that started in the early 80's (gen 2) which were considerably more efficient (but still fairly inefficient) that had the main driver + super tweeter arrangement. These, and all subsequent Walsh models, also featured damping material (which OHM calls 'Tufflex') applied to the rear of the main cone driver which attenuates rear sound propagation by -20 db.
Wow! 
You are correct, they were the F’s.  I wonder where I came up with 7?  I built a couple of Halfler DH 220’s bridged and their preamp in 1980 and in 82-2(?) I built the 400. The bridged Halfers listed more watts, but the Dynaco made the Ohms sing.  As I said earlier, I gonna have to pop the top and check most of the caps.  I wonder if there’s update videos on YouTube?

JD
I had a pair of the original Ohm Fs back in the mid-1970s. They were great speakers and always regretted selling them.  Fast forward to 2018, and a lot of different speakers in the interim, and I went back to a set of Ohm 1000s. I really enjoy them. A house move last year put them into a bigger room and I briefly thought of moving up to the 2000 or 3000 model, but decided to try a subwoofer first. That turned out to be the perfect solution for me. I don't listen loudly (mid-80 dB range is my general max volume) so the little bit of extra bass turned out to be a great solution without the hassle of buying new speakers, selling the old ones, and probably having to change out an amp, too.  I can highly recommend Ohms if your goal is to enjoy your music versus obsess over equipment issues.