Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Back again...

Some more thoughts on the build.
This morning after a nice cup of joe (or two) the thought of materials and
the cost associated with said purchases crossed my mind.
I was looking in to plate Aluminum and each plate would cost me a minimum 
of $300 ( 12"x 12" ) before machining and anodizing/powder coating...Its doable but incredibly expensive in the whole scheme of things. So what can I do to make this a project that someone else could do without breaking the bank? 
It could also be more fun to figure out a better but cheaper way around the problems.
I will have more in a few hours.....🇸🇪

The top plate is growing in complexity and thickness, more layers, more damping
and by this point I would call it bullet proof...
As you can see in the image I made a layer of clay ( yes yes I know it's colorful ) but my 
supply company had a super deal on the colored ones and it's free of sulfur so I can add silicone in the mix later. To lock in the clay I used some carbon fiber sheeting I had sitting around and to dampen the sheet I'm using the checkered neoprene which allows glue to saturate both sides and dampen the interface with the steel and aluminum layers.

Tomorrow will be the first day for bracing.....yeehaa
I was going to use some CF material I have left from another project, but it would take some 
extra time and money as the plates needs to be cut with a water jet. The idea would be some material that can be bored with a forstener bit and possibly jigsawed making it easy and fast. 
So Im stoked and excited as my ideas are coming to fruition, and who knows it might sound
fantastic when all is said and done...

check the images out, before I install the Walsh driver I'll add a layer 
of foam over the CF to quell any reflections.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147883144@N08/shares/996oGG

Now I'm going for some Tylenols........🇸🇪

Peter, that is a lot of work!
I hope it all turns out well.
After all this effort, I will be interested to hear the result.
Thanks for the photo links; that helps with the visualization.
Its 2:30am and I can't sleep...oh well

After considering the type of cross bracing I want to do, I thought to my self, what's hard, stiff and easy to machine? Got to be easy to
cut, glue and cheap. I was going to use Finnply, great stuff, looks gorgeous when finished.....But really, the idea was to utilize less expensive materials in the cabinet that can be found at HD or Loews. So I will use this tempered underlayment 1/8" thick hard as nails and stiff.....PERFECT.
I'll make a sandwich construction of the board and a mix of different
soft materials, it'll be easy to cut, drill and shape with a router.
I did find some aluminum extrusions from another project in the back so I'll use that for corner bracing (why not it isn't costing me much). 

Any way back back to sleep......🇸🇪

After a few cup of Joe's.......I'm up

The problem with being semi-retired is that I have way to much time
on my hands, I'm not complaining or bitching about it, but My mind I kind of welded to the project at hand and with that nothing else gets done. 

So in the middle of the night right after the last post I had an idea.
You see the image of my vacuum pump for composite work....You can see were this is going lol 
Damn I really wanted to shy away from the expensive stuff, but a few layer of CF won't kill the project money wise, plus working with composites is fun as you can make shapes that otherwise would take a rapid prototype machine or a five axis machine to produce.

There might be more this afternoon, but I need to get stuff ready for 
the Sweden trip later this week.

Here is my vacuum pump.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/147883144@N08/59ujV5

Hej då......🇸🇪