Oh no , not another phono stage rec

Yes friends it is but with a twist .

I am seeking a phono stage with a warm presentation that will warm up , or come into its own , in a rather short time .
Let me explain . I am currently using the Music Hall MMF 5.1 turntable and their 2.2 model phono stage which is SS .
This 2.2 phono takes @ 7 hours to start to warm up or come into its own to sound decent . My tubed integrated amp takes about 30 minutes and by tubed CDP takes about 45 minutes to get to a nice listenable state . I do prefer tubed equipment for its sound and adjustability .
I live in paradise...central Florida , the lightening capital of the country ! Leaving my equipment plugged in is not an option and that is the twist !

So , a phono stage (tubed ?) that will produce good sound on the warm side of neutral and do it in a time frame commensurate with the other pieces , about 30-45 minutes .
I am using a MM cartridge and would like to keep the price under $1,500 , new or used . Does such an animal exist ?

Thank You
saki70

Showing 3 responses by zd542

I think a better way to do it would be to just get a phono stage you like the sound of, regardless of how fast it warms up, and list it on your fire policy. Its pretty rare a house gets struck by lightning. Its far more likely you will have a problem with surges and power spikes. So if you get a surge protector and good insurance, your system will be safe and you can just listen to it any time without dealing with warm up.
"Zd542;
Have you any knowledge of what affect a surge protector does to the final sound of the equipment ?"

Yes. Anything. The results you get with power products seem almost random. Personally, I don't like power products that make big changes. If I need to change something in my system, I prefer to do it in other ways. That's why I like the Furutech. Its a very high quality product that doesn't do too much to the sound.
Sorry. I just messed up my last post. I got this thread confused with a similar one from earlier today. The first part of my answer was meant for this thread. The part about the Furutech was for the other one. The Furutech is not a regenerator. Sorry about the mixup.

Your concern as to the effect of what power products will do to your system is definitely valid. That's why I suggested Cable Co. If you do it that way, there's no risk. Also, I don't mean to sound negative. If you get the right power products, they can be a nice upgrade. I just recommend caution because the results can vary quite a bit.