Off grid digital music

Building a retirement home on an Island that is boat or barge access only.
We are off grid and generate power using both PV & MH.
We do not have access to internet but do get cell phone coverage.
Have a nice vinyl collection and turntables are no problem but digital I know zero zip.
My CD player is a Audio Research CD-7.5. I know it’s dated but it still provides me listening pleasure.While visiting a friend he used an Aurender N10 with a Berkeley DAC . The pleasure and ease of bringing musical choices forward on a tablet was a game changer for both wife and I.
So the quest begins.
My objective is to still get great SQ so my question are as follows.
1. Great sound quality from a server, looking at Melco, Aurender Innous....
2. Want to get a DAC that won’t be outdated in 12 months. Leaning towards the PS Direct Stream .
3. Since we are off grid does that mean that I won’t have access to all of the data of the albums ?
4. Roon Nucleus I believe that if it has access to all of CD’s and SACD once ripped, it can store all of the data on it’s hard drive. Then how do I control via iPad or Tablet. Need to set up a wifi or blue tooth in the house ?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time.
My system
rugyboogie
As a point of reference, my Bluesound notes states a one TB hard drive will hold about 20,000 CD's in FLAC format.  I am using WAV files and I used about 4800 KB per CD.
Ripping SACD can be done via Sony play station and also on older OPPO's. I haven't done it my self but know of people that have done this.
I have Melco n1a and Exogal Power DAC (Comet & ION) and the combination produces a simply exquisite spud stage & SQ. A $200 Buffalo CD can be attached to the Melco and your CD collection can be ripped to the Melco.  An internet connection is needed for ripping to the Melco but not for playback.  If you get a chance to hear the Exogal with or with out the Melco it’s an exceptional all digital state of the art DAC/Amp combination that has a small footprint and generates very little heat even at high volume. Read Doug Schroeders Comet & Ion Dagogo reviews for more info.