Northstar 192 Transport and DAC - comments

I am about to buy a NorthStar 192 Transport and DAC. Any comments about sound, reliablity, service, value etc would be appreciated.
Thanks
Gammajo
128x128gammajo

Showing 3 responses by jman66

Yioryos,

Hi, yes, I had emailed you regarding the M192 transport, which you indicated was a fine unit. I still had some hangups about the "newness" of Northstar, so I decided to stick with an older transport. I have an ML No.37 arriving today which will be paired with a Birdland Odeon-Ag DAC. Depending on how things go, I may still try the M192, but I think it may work best when paired with the M192 DAC.
Gammajo
If you do decide to purchase the Northstar, please report back on your impressions. I too was going to purchase one but decided to pick up and older transport instead. The chatter is that it is a fine transport, but I had questions about service and reliability, since they are a relative newcomer.
Yioryos - the ML was a bit more than the M192, and that fact does not make it "better" than the M192. The M192 should not be discounted as a fine transport.
I just felt a little easier picking a transport that has been around for a while, my own hangup. And I may yet try out the M192...