Nordost Vishnu or Shunyata Copperhead Power Cord

Hi Fellow Music Lovers, I've come to a crossroad and could certainly use some assistance on this one. I'm looking to hopefully upgrade a sole power cord that is rotated seasonally between an Audiomat Arpege Reference 10 ( EL34 based ) and Sonneteer Campion ( Solid State based ) Integrated Amps, I've been using an Acoustic Zen Tsunami Plus with either based upon recommendations both here and on Audioasylum since '09 and as much as I adore the things it does through both amps, I'm looking for a little bit more bass definition along with added nimbleness of bass notes in themself. My dealer friend at the cable company has recommended using a JPS Labs Power A.C.+ as he feels this would add bass as well as feeling in that lost sense of speed. However after speaking with several other friends whom use either Shunyata or Nordost Power Cords and raving about them over and over again, I'm forced to come to all of you as a means of getting to the truth of the matter!, what's what with either of these?. Would one sound more refined and/or natural in a sense of allowing the music to shine through without added attention to a lost in overall purity?, or should I simply bite the bullet and settle on the JPS Labs and be done with it?. So dig down deep and share your opinions on both of these on my behalf as I would prefer to buy one or the other but don't know which direction would in fact prove worthwhile. Thanks in advance to those of you whom are willing to share your expeirence with either, and do enjoy the upcoming Holiday and above all a much better New Year to us all. Regards, Oscar
el34eh

Showing 1 response by kiwi_1282001

12-19-11: Kennyb
What improved bass more than anything in my system was swapping the Nordost Vishnu used at the wall with a single Nordost Brahma. The first power cord really sets the tone for what will follow. But, I imagine this might not be as effective when not using cords from the same manufacturer.

This has been my experience to. Use your best cord first and try to stick to one manufacturer.