No right channel in new cartridge

I just got a Sumiko Blackbird & mounted it.  I have no right channel. I haven’t fine tuned the mounting but, That shouldn’t make me lose a whole channel.  Once or twice I’ve heard a hum in the right channel before I put the needle down. When it goes down it stops & goes silent.  The channel isn’t effected in CD, DVD or radio.

i bought it here(all positives on the seller) & it only had 10 hours on it. It didn’t come in the original box but came screwed into a box... seemed pretty secure.  I checked & reconnected all the pins, jacks into the AVR & ground wire.

What should I try next?
tochsii
When this occurred with my Blackbird cartridge my thought when at the dealer was that if it wasn’t covered by the warranty I was going to cut my losses. At the time I was told that if Sumiko wouldn’t cover it that what they’ve seen in the past is that Sumiko would “repair” it (replace it) for 3 or $400. For me that would put that cartridge at $1400-1500 with no guarantee that it wouldn’t happen again in a couple months. I was willing to cut my loss and get a different cartridge from another manufacturer. I don’t know if it is a quality control problem, though I think it it is, or a design problem with the naked or nude design but the cartridge is at best a $1000 cartridge new. Not worth being $1400+ in the hole for 2 months in. 
A number of you warned me & you were right. Smoothy told me Pete at SS turns around in a couple days for him. Before I trusted his word I called, I just got a vm from SS essentially saying “Who? Don’t know him & we don’t do that... 10-12 wks”. I thought I could trust someone with his great reviews & I had really hoped I’d be able to keep that cartridge. Some things aren’t meant to be & a lot of you were right. You naturally want to trust people & Smoothy must be being honest with some people he’s got ~100 positive reviews but, not this transaction.

thanks everyone

now I go back to my spreadsheet of models, sound characteristics, price etc. any thoughts on the 2 Dynavectors for sale on the site? The DV Karat at $850 would be my kinda stretching it max.
If you got your money back, or if you eventually get it back, I wouldn’t condemn the seller. It is very plausible that the cartridge worked fine in his hands, both channels.
I did say several places that he has a great rep here & that he must be treating plenty of people right. But, the whole... SS knows me & Pete will do it for me was a lie. Now, he’s not responding on Audiogon & emails saying... just send it-I’ll call him & he’ll do it.  Once I found out about that being a lie... I knew-in this particular transaction-he wasn’t acting in good faith.  
If you paid with pay pal get your money back, pay pal is made for the buyer not the seller.